SaikouCon 2020 Panel Submissions are now open!
Panel Submissions open November 4, 2019 until May 1, 2020
Before submitting your panel(s), please review these guidelines, rules, and regulations for paneling at SaikouCon:
- Accepted Panelists receive complimentary badges, up to four, to not only present your panel(s) at SaikouCon, but also enjoy all three days of the convention. Panelist Badges confer the same unlimited access to SaikouCon 2020 panels, events, activities, concerts, the Merchant Hall etc. that regular 3 Day General Admission Badges give non-presenter attendees.
- It is the responsibility of chosen Panelists to be present at their appointed time to present their panel, failure to do so may result in future denial of submitted Panels. We understand last minute emergencies happen, but if you are unable to make the convention, please get in touch with the con staff by contacting the con chair at email@example.com, through Facebook at www.facebook.com/saikoucon, and www.instagram.com/officialsaikoucon; if the convention has already begun, Facebook and Instagram will be the best ways to reach out to con staff to let them know you will not be making your presentation.
- We provide two wired mics per panel room, one amp per panel room, one Flatscreen TV per room for power points and other types of video presentations, and HDMI hook ups. You must provide your own laptops and/or tablets for your presentation as well as any flash drives, CD players/stereos, MP3 Players/iPods, and/or 100% specialized, just for your needs equipment (i.e. voice modulation devices, timers/alarms, backdrops, dividers, special lighting, prizing for games and so forth).
- We will be accepting a few panels for a Panel waitlist beginning in 2020. Panelists put on this waitlist will still receive their requested complimentary badges to attend and enjoy SaikouCon, but will be asked to be available at the show, prepared and ready to present their panel(s) should there be any no show panelists.
- SaikouCon does not currently offer badge reimbursement to accepted panelists, but if you purchase a badge before receiving notice that your panel(s) have been accepted or not for this year, they are transferrable until 30 days before SaikouCon 2020. If you find you need to transfer a purchased badge, please email the con chair at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know and give the name of the person the badge will be transferred to so the convention's pre-registration records may be updated so there is no delay for the person your badge has been transferred to when they are picking up their badge at Pre-Reg Pick Up.
- Hate speech (including enthic slurs, racial slurs, religious slurs, sexual bias, homophobia, transphobia, et. al.) will not be tolerated. Your panel will immediately be shut down if hate speech of any kind is featured in your panel, if hate speech is reported to SaikouCon staff following the end of your panel, your badges will be confiscated and you will banned from paneling at future SaikouCons.
- You are required to fill out the section of the submission form for Trigger Warnings whether you are submitting an all ages or age restricted panel or panels. Many things can trigger emotional and mental distress in your audience, for the mental health of those in attendance we ask for trigger warnings if you know for certain you are presenting material that may upset your audience so we may post these warning in advance in our Panel Schedule listings here on the Panels page, on our Facebook Event pages for the panels included in our 2020 programming, and in any printed guide materials given out at the convention itself.
- Please note that while in character panels are loved and welcome, we tend to give them a slightly lower rate of acceptance than other types of panels at SaikouCon, especially when we receive several submissions from the same fandom that are the same type of presentation. As we remind yearly, in 2014 we were inundated with close to a hundred panel submissions that were nearly identical in-character dating games and Q&As from only two fandoms, while these panels are fun and beloved by both attendees and ourselves, the con staff, we simply cannot make an entire weekend of programming around nearly identical panels.
- Be original! Be unique! Be something you yourself haven't seen at a convention, we at SaikouCon aim to have new and unique programming every year, with some recurring attendee favorites in the mix too of course, so we can give every year the wonder and excitement of your first con experience!