SaikouCon 2016 Artist Alley Registration is OPEN
Registered Artists will receive with their 8 X 5 space:
- Three (3) 3 Day Attendance Badges that entitle Artists and their staff to the same unlimited access to the convention's activities and panels as 3 Day General Admission Attendance Packages available to attendees. Up to three (3) additional badges will available to Artists after registration is complete.
- Spaces include a table and two chairs, plus waste basket.
- Due to the delay in finding a suitable venue for 2016, SaikouCon will forego jurying one final time. However, at the show we will be enforcing our anti-bootleg policies even more strictly than in years past. Merchants beware, if you are found in violation of this policy you will be escorted out of Artist Alley without refund.
After your Artist Alley registration fee is received securely via Paypal you will receive a business form to fill out attached to your Registration Confirmation e-mail so we at SaikouCon have some information on our vendors and artists we can use to help maximize your earning potential at our convention as well instructions for checking in and setting up your space at SaikouCon 2016. If you do not receive your Registration Confirmation e-mail within 72 hours to the email address you provide when registering through PayPal please check your junk folder (it is recommended that you add email@example.com to your e-mail address book to avoid this), if there is nothing there please e-mail Con Chair Michael Meade at firstname.lastname@example.org to have another message sent.
SaikouCon 2016 Artist Alley Registration
Please review the Rules and Regulations for Artists selling at SaikouCon, located below, before you register.
Questions and additional badge requests may be directed to email@example.com.
Artist Alley Rules & Regulations
- Fan art and commissions are acceptable to offer, as long as artists offer original pieces and have prints and/or original artwork (medium not restricted) on hand.
- Bootlegged items (CDs, DVDs/BluRays, merchandise, collectibles, autographed memorabilia et. all) are forbidden. If a merchant is found to be in violation of this rule, they will be shut down by the executive staff of SaikouCon, they will be escorted with their wares from the hosting venue and will be forced to relinquish their attendance badges to SaikouCon 2016 without refund of their Artist Alley registration fee. They will also be banned from vending at SaikouCon in future years.
- Booth sharing between businesses, vendors, and artists in Artist Alley will not be allowed without special dispensation from the executive staff of SaikouCon.
- Music at low levels is acceptable to be played in your booth. Compromises in the event of disturbing booths around you is left up to individual artists and vendors.
- Barking to let people know what your wares are from your booth is acceptable in a tasteful manner. Carnival barking, taunts, intimidation, humilation will not be accepted. Failure to comply will result in expulsion without refund from SaikouCon 2016.
- There is a 12 foot height restriction on display/signage pieces for artist and vendor spaces. If you break this rule you will be asked to take down your display/sign. Failure to comply or combative behavior will result in expulsion from Artist Alley at SaikouCon 2016 without refund.
- Artists are expected, but not forced, to acknowledge and keep the same hours listed above and to the right. If you choose to pack up and leave before the convention's final day or closing hour of the final day, for any reason, you will not be entitled a partial or full refund of the merchant registration fee. Leaving before SaikouCon's posted hours is the choice and responsibility of the merchant and not the convention.
Artist Alley Cancellation Policies
- Artists will be entitled to a full refund of their registration fee if SaikouCon 2016 is for any reason cancelled. Advertising fees, both online and in the Commemorative Guidebook for SaikouCon 2016, are non-refundable if the event is cancelled.
- If an artist must cancel their appearance in our vendor area their registration fee is non-refundable for self cancellation. Self cancellation is not the responsibility of SaikouCon nor its staff.
- If an artist is unable to attend after booking a space in SaikouCon 2016's Artist Alley, the space may be transferred to another artist at no additional cost. If this should happen, please contact the SaikouCon Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you squared away on the transfer ASAP! Transfers of Artist Alley spaces is only an available service, if needed, until one (1) month prior to the event.
- In case the need for a transfer arises, artists are responsible for finding their own replacement. SaikouCon does offer intermediary services for merchants to find replacements if they find themselves unable to attend the convention after registering for a merchant space.