- 2/15/17 -
The SaikouCon Valentine's Day 2-for-1 VIP Badge Sale has now come to an end at 12:01 AM on February 15th! Thank you to everyone that purchased VIP Badges during the sale! Also, the winner of the Viz for Valentine's Giveaway is Jennifer M. from Nanticoke, PA; congratulations Jennifer!!
- 2/14/17 -
Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for! The SaikouCon Valentine's 2-for-1 VIP Badge Sale! Starting at 12:01 AM on Valentine's Day and ending at 12:01 AM on February 15, as in the past the sale applies to all VIP badges (3 Day and 1 Day, Adult and Teen), also as in the past, your PayPal receipt and the PayPal shopping cart will not show the free badges. Your registration confirmation email will show the purchased badges and free badges, every time we've tried to adjust the convention PayPal shopping cart to display the 2-for-1 sale in your registration receipts and shopping cart display... it gets completely messed up and one time crashed the shopping cart so that all the shopping cart buttons had to be remade (still have no idea how that happened), so do not worry if you purchase VIP badges during the sale and it only says you bought one badge, there will be two under your name and you'll see that as soon as you open your registration confirmation email 12-24 hours after purchasing; remember the reg confirmation messages are not automated like the receipts from PayPal, the con chair sends each one himself.
- 2/12/17 -
Joining our Featured Guest roster for 2017, please welcome for their first time at SaikouCon, The Manly Battleships®! The Manly Battleships® are a group of fun-loving guys and gals that have formed the greatest programming group on the east coast convention circuit. Veteran panelists combine their powers with a circle of long time con-goers, otaku, and deviants to form the new titan at the front of the con scene. The Fleet's arsenal offers a lot of a lot, and a little of everything! We're looking forward to seeing the load of programming The Manly Battleships® will bring to SaikouCon this year, and we hope you are too!
- 2/2/17 -
Welcome DJ Teez to SaikouCon 2017! A Lehigh Valley entertainment scene staple, DJ Teez also joined SaikouCon in 2015 to present our first Dance Party/Rave. Now that we're back in the Lehigh Valley, DJ Teez is back at SaikouCon as our official con DJ! We missed having her with us in 2016 and are very happy to be able to have DJ Teez on our guest list once again. Teez will be spinning late night on SaikouCon Friday at a new event for SaikouCon, she will be joined by fellow 2017 Musical Guest REAKT for the biggest dance party SaikouCon has presented yet! Get ready for the Saikou Dance Party!!
- 2/1/17 -
The entry form for our Viz for Valentine's Giveaway is now live! Visit our Events page for the contest details, rules, and entry form. One winner will receive two randomly selected Viz Media manga volumes, good luck to all entrants!
- 1/28/17 -
Our next Musical Guest for SaikouCon 2017 made his debut at SaikouCon in 2016 and had such a blast with the attendees that he wanted to come back again this year! Returning for his second SaikouCon is REAKT! REAKT is an EDM and Hip Hop singer/songwriter, originally from Tokyo, Japan, REAKT now operates out of New York City. REAKT will be performing at our Cosplay Concert on SaikouCon Saturday once again, and possibly at a new concert event late night on SaikouCon Friday... stay tuned!
- 1/22/17 -
You asked, we're delivering... SaikouCon welcomes back The Adarna for their fourth time performing at the convention! Once more The Adarna will be the headliner of our musical programming in 2017, with a solo show on SaikouCon Friday and headlining the Cosplay Concert on the night of SaikouCon Saturday, as well as presenting several panels throughout the convention's programming schedule when the band is not performing. The first band to coin the genre of Jet City Rock! Featured on over 230+ radio stations, tv shows, magazines, with music videos airing in 78 countries. In 5 years, they’ve completed 6 North American Tours while averaging 80-120 shows per year. In 2015-16, they performed internationally for the troops as well as nationally touring to support the release of their new album, How Perceptive.
- 1/18/17 -
Time for our first guest announcements of 2017! Two cosplayers that have been with us before are returning once more this year and we are thrilled to have them back with us! 2017 marks Koralene Cosplay's third year as a guest at SaikouCon, Koralene's skill as both a cosplayer and photographer consistently amaze, we can't wait to see what she does at SaikouCon 2017! Also returning is Foxxy! Foxxy (previously known as ToxicFoxx) has a history with SaikouCon dating back to SaikouCon 2014, but this is her second time joining us as a Featured Guest, Foxxy often is one of our guest judges for our Cosplay Contest, this year is no exception. Keep an eye out on our schedule as the programming unfolds over the spring and early summer for some awesome events featuring Koralene and Foxxy!
- 1/18/17 -
We are happy to announce that SaikouCon 2017 will be taking place August 18, 19, and 20 at the Holiday Inn Allentown Center City! Lehigh Valley, we. Are. BACK! And it feels so good to be back in the Valley. Just make sure to take note, this is the Holiday Inn in the Center City section of Allentown, PA on West Hamilton Street; across the street from the PPL Center. Our new digs are a little smaller than what we had at SaikouCon 2016, but are laid much better and cohesively for our purposes (no football field runs from the Merchant Hall and Special Events to the panel rooms!). Pre-reg for attendees is now open, so are merchant applications for Merchants, volunteer applications, press applications, and panel submissions will be opening as spring and early summer roll on, keep your eyes on SaikouCon.com and our social media profiles for the announcements!
- 1/13/17 -
Some big news is coming this week! Probably Tuesday morning, keep your eyes peeled to our social media profiles or here on SaikouCon.com for the news once we can break it! Hint courtesy of Motley Crue: "we're on our way home, sweet home..."
- 1/1/17 -
Happy New Year! Here's to 2017! May it be a better year for us all, in all ways! Many blessings, much prosperity, continued good health, healing where needed, happiness, joy, and tons of anime and manga for all!!
A quick note in the wake of yesterday's news about Split Rock, don't worry, we may be down a venue but we're far from out. We already have a large list of possible venues (all of your suggestions included), and on Tuesday we're going to start hitting them up; most sales managers and liaisons should be back in their offices by then and we'll be seated before January is out. SaikouCon 2017 will happen, and we've got some very cool plans in the works for our fifth anniversary; one very big thing if we get the weekend we want too...
- 12/30/16 -
Some bad news before the New Year, Split Rock Resort in Lake Harmony, PA is unable to have SaikouCon back in 2017. They have been overbooked for August 2017 for months, it turns out, and July as well. Starting Tuesday, January 3, 2017 we will be back on the hunt for a venue for 2017. We are resuming our hunt in the Lehigh Valley, though the area has seemingly become a dead zone in terms of size venue we need; we will also be hunting among the larger resorts in the Pocono Mountains. News will be posted as we have it to share.
Happy Holidays! Blessed Solstice! Happy Tennō tanjōbi! Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy Milad un Nabi! Joyous Kwanzaa! Happy Krampusnacht! Sheng Dan Kuai Le! and joyous wishes for all of the holidays, both religious and secular, that fall in December around the world!!!!!
- 11/22/16 -
After much delay thanks to having to rebuild the website completely following a massive upgrade to our webhost's servers, our annual Mangagiving Giveaway is open! The entry form is located on the Events page of SaikouCon.com, since Thinksgiving is in a few days and we were delayed the whole month, the entry period will now be November 22 - December 6 with the winner's prizes of two SaikouCon 2016 T-Shirts and a randomly selected manga volume, sent out the following day. As always, winner will be selected by blind drawing, one entry per person; duplicates will not be counted to give every entrant an equal shot at the prize. Stay tuned in the following weeks for the announcement of our 2017 dates and venue location! We'll be announcing everything in December and getting attendee pre-reg and merchant application open immediately following the announcement.
- 11/9/16 -
There will be firm dates and a location announced for the next show before the end of 2016. Now for some of the changes coming to the next SaikouCon:
- Pre-reg badge prices will no longer have a 20% increase four months out from the show. 3 Day badges will be $30 from the opening of pre-reg until it closes, 1 Day badges will also be $15 from the beginning of pre-reg until it closes. VIP badges will remain the same static rates for 3 Day and 1 Day badges they have had since year two. We will also be keeping the Adult and Teen badge designations for easier badge checking for con staff and volunteers as well as greater protection of young ones seeing panel and screening presentations that they should not.
- We will have an outside security team from now on, no more cross-over between con security and con staff, please welcome to the SaikouCon family Mithril Risks Managements!
- Venues will of course still have their own security in the future that they wish to have on site to look after the venue's own interests This is completely understandable and acceptable as long as the venue security learn about what SaikouCon is and how to handle an event like ours.
- The Vendor/Dealer Room/Hall and Artist Alley will be combined once again into a single area, from here on out both will fall under the title of Merchant at SaikouCon, no more Vendors and Artists, just Merchants. I, Mike Meade the con chair, would like to apologize if this reignites the anger from SaikouCon 2016 vendors and artists that do or do not wish to give us another chance. It is not meant to, but there needs to be equalization between the two types of merchants; at SaikouCon at least. The feedback and flame wars about SaikouCon 2016 on our social media has shown that there needs to stop being an imagined rank of superiority between dealers and artists. You're all trying to make a living doing what you love and we're trying to aid in that.
- Merchant registration will remain the static $95 it has always been since the beginning of SaikouCon.
- Merchants will be accepted only after passing an application and jury process from here on out, no exceptions, no matter what.
- General safety rules will continue to be enforced but will have stricter consequences from here on out if violated. There were far too many attendees in 2016 attempting to break our simple rules of no roller skates/blades indoors and attempts at bringing in cosplay props with live steel. Mithril Risks Managements will exclusively be handling prop and weapons check upon entry into SaikouCon henceforth.